
Funny thing, I call her "E" not because it is her Chinese name, but because she says it ALL the time. It is hilarious. And actually it is her cranky noise.
I suppose I have a lot to write because I am 5 days behind in posts. Had a little technical difficulty with the blog.
This has been FOR SURE the most amazing thing I have ever done. I am in love with E, I love the process, I love watching her open up to me, I love China, I love doing all this with my mom, and I love getting away from my normal hectic life. But mostly I am in love with Olivia, WOW!
There are 8 other families with us and each one of them is wonderful....I love our group. I think I watch too much TV because I keep thinking we are on the Amazing Race...but without the competition.
All the babies have reacted differently to this change in their life. Some will only go to their mama, some only their papa. Some are agitated all the time, some seem like nothing is phasing them and some are withdrawn. Olivia was (is) in the withdrawn camp. Coming out of it a little every day. The one thing they all have in common is they LOVE to eat!
Oh the joy of having her hold her arms up to me to be held. Or to have her tuck her head into my neck when a stranger looks at her.
She looked so strong and upright in her referral photo. I imagined that she would be walking when we got her. She sits really well but does not walk or stand well. And has not shown any interest in it. I am not sure if it is because she was carried so much or because it is part of being withdrawn. Well, today she was really into it. She walked all over holding onto my fingers...and with a big proud grin. (careful what you wish for, right?)
As expected we get a lot of stares from the locals when we walk around. They all want to look at the babies and talk to them. It is really neat. They talk to me too and I just say "Yi", hold up my one finger for her age, and say "shay-shay" (thank you). They also adjust their clothing because they do not think we dress our babies warmly enough.
Olivia is waking up from her afternoon nap...so I have to go.
Kris, I've been watching your site everyday. I am SO happy you and Olivia are loving each other and your beginning together. It sounds as if it things couldn't have gone better. I can't wait to meet her. All best, Wendy Frey
ReplyDeleteHey Kriss, this is so amazing!!! I love watching you through this bonding process.
ReplyDeleteVery heart warming...
xoJANE
By the way, did I read this entry correctly?
Olivia is waking up from her nap at 11:25 pm?
Holy Moly.
She is so adorable! I can't even imagine the experience you are going through, but can't wait to meet her and see her grow. Kaia and Leyni are excited to meet their new cousin--and they love her name!
ReplyDeleteStacia Levenfeld
Thanks for the details! We've been waiting. I can hear the smile on your face. Wonderful. Hope you are getting some sleep and not running too ragged.
ReplyDeletexoxo
I feel like I'm living this through you. It's so moving to see the mother-daughter bond you two are developing. Motherhood suits you, Koko, you seem a true natch. I look forward to watching your relationship unfold.
ReplyDeleteAnd it is also wonderful to hear the excitement and love of so many of your friends and family. Wow. Olivia is coming home to a great supportive community. So happy to be a part of it. Can't wait to meet little "E".... xo Lori